Friday, October 15, 2010

You are.......

Disclaimer: This is not directed at anyone at all. I've never tried writing something like this before and this is what motivated this post. Once again, this is not expressive of my sentiments towards anyone or any issue.

You are...

The light of reason which suffuses my dreams with eternal darkness.

The waves of gloom that buffet my tranquil coasts of hope.

The unknown depths of my shallow heart.

The deserted lane in my city of joy.

The rolling pastures of an alien country.

The scalding tears of my turbulent past.

The shrill laughter that derides my present.

The untamed gale that rattles the windows of my future.

The wry smile I see in the crescent moon.

The blood red tinge in every sunset.

The dawn that brings no promise.

The insipidity of my reality.

The tale of a despairing soul.

The melancholy music of the most sombre funeral.

The loss I forgot to mourn.

The love that no lover embraced.

The condemned seeking to condemn.



You are all of this and so much more.

They will write about you too.

They will.

I hope they will be kinder.

Kinder than I've ever been to you.

But I had to bring you out in such light.

Because to me

You were all of this and so much more.

2 comments: