Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fizzy Moments

I distinctly remember dinner parties at my house, when we kids were served Coca-Cola while the adults (Some of them were abstemious of course but the count was in most cases negligible) indulged in quaint liquor.

Invariably, I saw to it that I was the one who opened the bottle of Coca-Cola, and like all children this was solely because after giving the bottle a good shake I was thrilled to see the coke whistling and fizzing out . Strangely enough, drinking the beverage was never as exhilarating as opening the bottle and watching the fountain of sweet soda gushing out as if in jubilation.

The most beautiful things seldom have any definite purport.

This is probably why we enjoy them so much more.

However, this is not central to what I would like to address here. The 'Coca-Cola Effect', as I would like to call it, essentially and remarkably depicts how boundless joy is always and unfortunately short lived.

Periods of disconsolation are in contrast so much more prolonged, so much more consuming.

This antonymy should at the very least be even on both sides.
Gloom, despair, grief seem so overly imposing in comparison to their positive counterparts. Why should the world follow this peculiarly awful design?

Now, wait for a moment and clear your mind of the deluge of philosophical thoughts I've implanted.

You might find it impossibly difficult to absorb but this design is in principle very effective.

Ponder over this:

How would you know what to appreciate if you didn't have anything substantial to contrast it against? Why would you ever rejoice if you've never felt dejected?

I mentioned something about despair lasting much longer than happiness didn't I?

Try this:

Add a dash of colour (any bright colour) to a blank chart paper. Tell me if it doesn't look better than before.

One splash of a bright colour is all it took to make a dull, sullen chart paper come to life.

In short, one single ray of hope, one spell of celebratory happiness has a significantly more profound effect than a much longer period of feeling demoralized.

The mechanisms this world employs are so enchantingly brilliant, that its hard to not give them their due credibility.

The best part of it all is the delicate, almost ethereal manner in which life unveils these marvellous intricacies.

Enough said.

I will now end on a grateful note.

Coca-Cola, for all the times you've fizzed out to make me erupt in ebullience, I pray that you continue to bubble your way into everyone's hearts for generations to come.

Pepsi, you were good too, but Coke sounded so much cooler!!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment